2009-04-06

From the Poem of Alfred Lord Tennyson -

Dear Visitor:
I've been pondering over this Tennyson poem for quite some time now- still not sure if I agree with him or not. One supposes that if the other party whom one has once loved is still very much a gentleman (or gentlewoman), then that love lost might be worth it. However, if that party whom one once loved is no longer a gentleman (or gentlewoman) by any means (there are much of these people around nowadays since values have changed greatly from days past), then I'd much rather not have had that love lost at all. In fact, the sooner one forgets about it, the better off one is....

Still, leave it up to you to decide....Regards, WON


In Memoriam:27, 1850:

I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;'
Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all...

No comments:

Post a Comment